Here's out top storage tips!, enjoy!
- Planning - By planning how you're going to store your things, you'll be able to make the best use of the space. Sturdy boxes that utilize vertical space can save you a lot of money!
- Bottoms up! - Remember, storing heavier boxes on top isn't the best idea. Keep the heavier boxes on the bottom and the lighter ones on top. Remember to store belongings which you may need right away at the front of the unit for easy access!
- Tightly wrapped - Make sure to tightly wrap your boxes and reinforce them with tape. Not only will this strengthen them, but it will even keep dust out.
- Wrap everything while you're at it! - Be sure to wrap your cups, dishes, silverware, and valuables. Not only will this stop your things from getting broken, but it will keep them clean as well!
- Create aisles - Creating an aisle through the center of your unit can create a very easy way to access all of your things.
- Protect from humidity - Do you have items that can be affected by the humidity or temperature? Be sure to opt for one of our climate controlled storage units then!
- Keep it in the front! - By storing your most used stuff in the front it'll save you tons of time and frustration.
- Use the space you have! - Storing dressers? Be sure to fill the drawers. There's a lot of precious space in there!
Frequently asked questions
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all forms of payment, including cash, credit cards, and checks. You can also set up automatic credit card payments online or pay through our automated kiosk 24/7 for added convenience.
When can I access my unit?
Units can be accessed 24/7! Tenants have a personal gate code that allow them to get past our security gate so they can get to their unit any time, day or night!
If I rent a storage unit can my spouse, kids or friend have access to the space?
Yes, you can allow them access if you wish.
Can I rent a unit for less than one month?
The minimum stay for our units is one month. Other facilities require longer term contracts.
Can I just stop by to view the facility and storage spaces or do I need an appointment?
You can stop by any time during our office hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Do you have handcarts and dollies available at your facility?
Yes we offer carts to our customers to help make the move in process as smooth as possible.
What is climate control?
Climate Control maintains a steady temperature throughout the year in order to ensure the safety of items.
What is a drive-up unit?
A drive-up unit is a ground level unit with a roll up garage door where you can drive a vehicle right up to.
What kind of documentation do I need to provide to rent a storage unit?
A valid form of picture ID issued by the government is required.
Do you offer RV, boat, car or motorcycle storage?
We offer large units that are ideal for cars, motorcycles, boats and other vehicles. We also have large outdoor parking spots if desired.
How do I get started?
Come by for a complimentary tour! Our managers can help you determine the right size for your individual needs. If you can't make it here we have on online storage calculator to assist you. Then you just go through our quick reserve process and you have yourself a unit!
Do you offer any discounts?
Customers receive a truck rental coupon with the rental of their first unit 10x10 or larger, plus we offer a new weekly special each week!
Is there a fence around the facility?
Our entire facility is gated and under video surveillance 24/7.
What major highways are closest to you?
Both our locations are conveniently located just 5 minutes from the L.I.E. at exits 49S and 62! You can find our locations at 2091 New Highway, Melville NY and 21 Hammond Road, Centereach NY.