With winter in full effect, it might just be time to store your car! Don’t allow it to brave the elements when you store here at A Space Place storage. If you need climate controlled storage then you’ve come to the right place. A Space Place offers everything you can possibly need for self storage. Whether you need climate controlled storage, drive up storage, or winter storage, we’ve got you covered.
If you don’t want your car getting damaged during the winter then consider renting a drive up storage unit. You might be surprised how much a drive up storage unit can be! Our drive up storage units are located on the ground floor and are perfect for a car or motorcycle. Don’t allow your precious belongings to be damaged when you can just get a climate controlled storage unit for the winter.
All of our climate controlled storage units are the cheapest around, we’re proud to offer the lowest prices on climate controlled storage and drive up storage. Our facility is safe too! We have 24/7 surveillance just so you can have peace of mind. We want to make sure your belongings are there when you need them and that’s why our customers keep coming back.
Remember that A Space Place Storage offers the lowest prices on climate controlled storage units and drive up storage units. We pride ourselves in providing winter storage at the lowest prices. Our customers constantly recommended use due to our low prices and outstanding customer service. If you’re looking for winter storage at the lowest prices on long island then you’ve come to the right place. With two convenient locations for long island storage in Melville and Centereach, there’s bound to be A Space Place near you. So what are you waiting for, call us now for an exclusive rate on climate controlled storage.
Last time we talked about two important winter car self storage tips. Here are the last three self storage tips for your car during the winter.
3) Get a good car cover:
Whether your car is stored indoors or outdoors, having a good car cover can prevent any damage from dust, wind, the sun, etc. Sure, this may sound like a simple, common sense buy and use tip, but make sure your cover is tightly fastened to your car. A cover that isn’t secure can cause scratches to your car. If the wind is making the cover flap around, this will surely cause damage.
4) Disconnect your battery:
Did you know electronics draw electricity from their source when they are not being used? If you leave a fresh battery in a car over the summer, you can be sure that your battery will be drained. This simple preventative measure can save you the headache of not being able to start up your car, and having to get a new battery when the season is over.
5) Get your tires off the ground:
If allowed by your facility, consider either putting the car on jack stands or concrete blocks to get your tires off of the ground. This prevents the possibility of having flat spots that will cause you to have a rough ride when you get your car back on the road.
Hopefully that’s enough help for you to storage your car during the cold winter months. Check back soon for another helpful article from our self storage experts.
Here are the last three boat storage tips to know when keeping your boat in self storage for the winter.
6) Drain any coolant from the engine and replace it with propylene glycol base antifreeze which is non-toxic. This type of antifreeze is better for your engine and the environment as opposed to ethylene glycol base antifreeze which releases toxins.
7) Clear out the boat. Remove any sails, lines, fenders, and anchors. Take out the bunk cushions, fire extinguishers, flares, pfds, and carpets. Empty out all lockers and remove any loose gear from the boat. Ensure that you securely propped open all hatches, and locker doors. This will help improve air circulation. Finally, don’t forget to clean out the icebox or refrigerator.
8] Make sure to pump out the holding tank and concurrently flush the head with clean water multiple times. Close the head’s intake seacock and then remove the hose. Put the hose in half water and half non-toxic antifreeze. Then pump the head so all the water in hoses are replaced by anti-freeze. Finally put the hose back on the seacock and don’t open it.
Hopefully these tips are everything you wanted to know before putting your boat into storage during the harsh Winter months. Mother Nature’s cold climate can be unpredictable and fearsome; making it a real chore when preparing your boat for the Winter. That is why cheap short term storage companies are the solution to keeping your boat safe during the Winter.
Here are the next three important tips to know when putting your boat into storage for the winter.
3) Repair or fix any cracks or dings on the boat before you put it in storage. Repairing these problems early on will save you lots of money in the future. If you put your boat into storage with a small problem it will likely grow into a bigger one after a few months; especially with the change of weather in the Winter.
4) Give your boat a thorough cleaning. Power washing the outside of the boat will help clean off sea build up and stains. This will also help you identify any parts of the boat that need to be fixed, painted, or sealed. Then apply some anti-corrosion spray to help protect the exterior of the boat. It’s recommended to get mildew and mold bags for your boat. They will absorb any moisture and protect your boat from starting to smell. You can find these at any local boat dealer. As mentioned earlier, a cover such as a tarp is important in keeping moisture and dust out too. Make sure your cover has a snug fit on the boat.
5) It’s important that you support your boat’s hull when you decide to put it into storage. If you don’t, your boat might end up with cracked bulkheads, or an engine misalignment, which could cost you thousands of dollars in repairs.
Check back soon for the last three most important tips for keeping your boat in self storage during the winter.