- If items can be stacked, make sure you do stack them. Use your storage unit to its fullest capacity.
- Label your boxes. If you need to grab something out of your storage unit and have many boxes in there, you will have a much easier time sorting through them if your boxes are labeled and have a general description of the item your looking for.
- Place a mat on the floor. Do not lean your boxes against the walls. This provides some ventilation for the items.
- Make sure your fragile items are properly packed for storage.
- For your items that experience frequent use, keep them close to the door.
- Cover your furniture to prevent dust or possible water damage.
- Detach all items with legs (if possible), such as: chairs, tables, etc.
- Try to keep electronics towards the back of the unit.
- Make sure you have a good quality lock!
What to keep in mind when putting your items in storage